Little Salami Tarts
some left-over pastry, and some beautifully soft Venetian-style soppressa
salami in the fridge, so I did the only thing possible - made salami
tarts and poured myself a vermouth on ice.
- 500 g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 12 slices of large salami eg soppressa
- few sprigs thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Thaw the pastry if necessary, and
- Place one salami slice on the pastry and cut around it, leaving
a 1 cm border of pastry. Use this as your guide for cutting out
identical circles of pastry.
- Brush each one with beaten egg, and top with a slice of salami
and a sprig of thyme.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastry borders are puffy and
golden. Transfer to a wire rack - they will crisp as they cool.
- Serve at room temperature, or reheat briefly and serve warm.
- Insert Instruction